BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Night

It's Sunday night. I have to get back into "normal" for myself. That normal is going to bed early on Sunday so I can get to school at a decent hour. I've found that I either need to come into school extremely early or stay crazy late to get my own stuff done. I'm the tech rep for my campus, which means when someone's technology malfunctions, I am the first call. Which isn't bad, I get to be out and around campus instead of stuck in my little black hole. But it does interfere with completing a full thought. I'll get started on planning/preparing something and someone will stop by my room. I'll fix their problem, or attempt to, then go back to my planning. By that point I can't remember where I've stopped at.

So the moral of the story, get planning done before Sunday night, or go to work earlier than everyone else.

While I've spent the weekend in bed, I've had the chance to cruise around some teacher blogs from all over. I was sucked into one. The more I read this particular middle school teacher the more I liked what I read. He was articulate, well spoken, thought out, and generally seemed to know what he was talking about. The best part, even though the medium of a blog, I could sense his passion for his craft. The more I explored the more I wanted to know. Then I saw a picture that made me stop and stare for a second. It was the exact same picture a fellow teacher from my district sent out depicting his day of "professional development". This teacher I had just spent the last hour or so researching is a teacher in my district. Even worse, I met with him before school started. At that time I practically dismissed him because he didn't say much.

Go me. I need to remember to be slower with my snap judgments. It's a huge problem I have. For some reason I can't wrap my brain around another teacher going through the same issues I am. I don't know if it stems from dealing with adolescents all day and how self absorbed they can be. Maybe it's rubbing off on me. Or maybe I'm reverting back to an adolescent view of the world. Either way, I felt plenty chagrined at myself. This particular teacher is a huge resource. He may not have been teaching computers for the last few years, but it certainly more well versed that I originally thought.

Moral of this story: Don't judge someone because they aren't saying anything.

0 comments: