BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 27, 2009

80's Redux

Here is a list of accessories I saw on students walking through the halls today. Please keep in mind that the current year is 2009

1. Slap bracelets
2. Large cheap plastic jewelery. (I don't think this is so out of place. Any middle school girl's jewelery collection consists of this, but the colors, oh the colors.)
3. Hair backteased and hairsprayed 4 inches about normal height
4. Neon dayglo colors
5. Acid wash jeans ( ON A BOY!)
6. Enough skinny pants to circle to the moon and back.
7. 3 toned backpacks in the following colors: day glo pink, day glo yellow, and day glo blue. (are we sensing a trend?)

And to cap it all off.....

A headband worn around the forehead and pushed up to poof the hair in the back, made of.....braided metallic leather!

I swear on my life all these things are true. The 80's are back in full force. It's not pretty. Can someone please change the decade of choice for fashion?

Other news, my stomach has finally calmed down enough so I feel almost human again. Being sick while trying to teach is not a fun combination. I'm not a fan. But I'm almost back to my normal self. Worked my students to the bone today. I had 7th period copying lots of notes. Almost handed out band-aids on the way out the door. They typed so much their fingers started to bleed. Hehe.

5 comments:

Teacher Teacher! said...

Practice.

Emanhaud said...

Test

Emanhaud said...

...Practice...Test... Do you remember the Electric Company or was that way before your time?

Sarah said...

I want to play too.

Sarah said...

The word verification was "Panst"...kind of like pantsed...which reminds me a lot of Jr. High. LOL