BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This is my job....

So people ask me what I actually do during the day.


I say that I studiously plan out every minute of my classes, making sure to include background knowledge, follow up activities, extensive planning for hours and hours ahead of time. I ask in-depth questions that access my student's higher order thinking skills. I challenge them as they've never been challenged before. I know exactly what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, and how it is going to affect my student's and their work. The problem: others don't see things the way I do.

If you were to walk into my classroom today, you might see me with a camera in my face like this:

Or working on my jumping pictures shots like this:
Truly there is a reason behind each of these pictures and why they were taken during school. I won't bore anyone with the actual details. Unless you really want the lesson plan and reasoning behind it.

But....I can see why it's joked about in our teacher lounge:

"She doesn't actually teach anything. She plays on the computer all day."

0 comments: